Priorities:Universidad de Ingeniería & Tecnología (UTEC) Student Priorities
UTEC Student Priorities
STRATEGY #1: Opportunities for developing startups (tech transfer)
Project Name: D. Ventures
Project Leader: Luana Andrade
- Enhancing students to be aware of entrepreneurship and innovation (I&E).
- Look for motivated students focused on developing new products or startups.
- Teaching design methodologies in other courses .
- UTEC Ventures or FABLAB UTEC as innovation spaces for students .
STRATEGY #2: Giving students a prototyping space
Project Name: UTEC Lean Lab
Project Leader: Elmer Escandón
- Provide challenges to students in order to use the area .
- Restrict the use only for innovation purposes .
- Free area for students and professors.
- Foster students’ abilities to design solutions and creative confidence by providing mentors only for this area.
STRATEGY #3: Facilitating project groups
Project Name: UTEC Mix n’ Match
Project Leader: Francisco Mejía
- Online platform inside the UTEC intranet that generates interest groups based on students’ academic preferences.
- Groups generated by this platform should be capable of presenting their own projects.
- Interests used by this platform are not strictly academic, the requisite is that an interest must be project-worthy.
STRATEGY #4: Entrepreneurship consulting
Project Name: Innovation Consulting
Project Leaders: Kiko Mayorga and Joana Munarriz
- Map the outstanding students in the research field (Ricardo Gonzáles, Danae Chipoco) and innovation methodologies (Diego Muñoz, Hans Figueroa, Sandra Abad).
- Volunteer alumni and senior professors able to mentor and advise students in their projects
- Register projects from innovation courses, I&E groups, VLI (Interdisciplinary Projects) and research laboratories in UTEC.
- RELATED LINKS -
Change Story Video:
University Innovation Fellows