National Organization for Business and Entrepreneurship
NOBE National is the National Chapter of the National Organization for Business and Engineering (NOBE), a national society uniting business, management and engineering organizations from universities coast to coast. NOBE strives to produce and refine leadership internally and develop professional skills in our members that can be translated into success in the business world. NOBE accomplishes this through programs at 12 universities across the United States with some chapters having 70+ members. NOBE’s mission is to bring together individuals at corporate and academic institutions interested in both business and engineering and to integrate these fields into one practice. NOBE will serve as a crossroad and network for the unmet professional, leadership, technological and entrepreneurial development of these individuals. As a national organization, NOBE will maintain this network and continually build resources to help these individuals meet the constantly evolving demands they will face in today’s business world.
In 2006, a member of the Society for Business and Management in Engineering (SBME) at the University of Illinois proposed the idea to take the organization to a national level to gain exposure and recognition, while providing an environment for students all over the nation who are interested in business and engineering. SBME contacted similar organizations at three other universities with this idea, and since then, students from the four universities have been collaborating on the creation of the National Organization for Business and Engineering. In 2007, this vision became a reality, and NOBE is now a growing national organization. In early 2009, the first expansion chapter at Drexel University was formed, and NOBE is currently expanding with new chapters starting this year.
Distinct Differences From Other Offerings
- Interview Database: Member submitted interview experiences including questions, what to expect on your interview day, etc.
- Resume Database: Ability to upload resume for corporate sponsors to view.
- Workshops: Include topics such as effective networking, consulting essentials, presentation skills, communication and professionalism, client interviewing and meeting skills
- Competitions: Everything from educational such as case study competitions to athletic with dodgeball or basketball.
- Purdue University (Founding Chapter)
- University of Illinois (Founding Chapter)
- University of Wisconsin (Founding Chapter)
- Drexel University
- University of Southern California
- Georgia Tech
- McGill University
- Iowa State University (Began in Fall 2013
- Northwestern University (Began in Fall 2013)
- University of Florida (Began in Fall 2013)
- Penn State University (Began in Fall 2013)
Steps to Forming a NOBE Chapter at Your University
Universities wishing to form a NOBE chapter can register their university here: http://www.nobenational.org/national/nobe101/register/